Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving




So we have had a great Thanksgiving here in Rexburg. The food was great and we ate a lot and have been eating all the leftovers. We played football on Thursday in my parents ginormous backyard and I even played too but I was the all time quarterback and no one was allowed to touch me. We had a lot of fun.

On Friday my mom and sisters and I went shopping very early in the morning. We were lucky to get everything we wanted and were done at 8:00 am. We got to watch the Bronco game on my mom's neighbors TV. It was huge and the game was awesome.

So we were eating dinner Friday night and Brayden was sitting in my mom's highchair. We didn't do up the tray I guess because after the prayer Brayden leaned forward to get some food and the tray came off. He feel out and smacked his chin on the corner of the table. He split his chin open but was very brave, he didn't even cry very long. We were going to take him to get stitches but everything was closed but the ER and I didn't want to pay for it. We just bought some butterfly bandages and fixed it up ourselves. It looks great and he is very proud of his owie. He will have a cool scar now.

4 comments:

Abe and April said...

I guess that will teach Braydon to fold his arms and be reverent during the prayer. Maybe we will have to try that.

It sound like your Thanksgiving was pretty fun other than the little accident. Abram wasn't able to find a football game to play.

Undaunted said...

I am glad you had a wonderful time with your family and chicks dig scares, right? Braydon will fit right in with the rest of the boys. Hope you are feeling well.

The Crazy Heads said...

We've experienced the exact same thing, but we did do the stitches. I wish we wouldn't have, she probably would have been okay with butterfly bandages and we ended up paying over $400 for it. Hope it heals well. To tell you the truth we are a little nicer when it comes to the girls and their faces. Boys don't seem to care about scars on their faces, but if it messed up my pretty little girls face we gotta a whole new problem.

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

I'm glad he's okay!! we ended up taking alivia to the ER the night before thanksgiving. no fun. she had a horrible fever and head pain and throwing up. they said it was just croup....weird...yeah so they gave her steroids and by the end of thanksgiving day she was better. i think the priesthood blessing helped a ton!! Brayden is SO brave!! what a trooper!! i think you saved yourselves major hassle by opting out of the ER experience!!!