Monday, November 17, 2008

"Time Out"

So I was doing some work from home last week which included sitting at the computer for hours and watching slides and listening to people talk. I couldn't leave the computer until I finished a program so Brayden was on his own for awhile watching movies and playing toys. He came in to my room and kept telling me that his cars were pushing each other and being Notty. I kept telling him to tell his cars to be nice and to keep playing till I was done. Lately I have been trying to do better with the "timeout" thing (setting his time with a timer so he knows he is done when the timer goes off) and it seems to be working. Anyway I came out to my living room after I finished my work and I found this. He had stuck both of his cars in timeout for pushing and had set the timer. He told me they were in trouble and in time out. These are pictures of his cars in timeout.


3 comments:

Abe and April said...

What a creative child. It is funny to see how children play. It is good to see that Braydon understands timeout. We are still trying to get there with Reagan. Using a timer is a good idea. I may need to try that.

The Crazy Heads said...

I love when kids do things like that. Be careful though, it tells us that they will copy ANYTHING that we do.

Wendy said...

haha. check out my my friend denisses girl's usage of time out...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mw_S5pWL4bA/SSEZsy3KQYI/AAAAAAAACU0/o0S3ufSgt1c/s1600-h/IMG_3926.JPG