Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Carnival Cruise Day 1

So, yes I am finally getting around to blogging about my wonderful cruise. It has taken me a week to get back into the swing of things and I still have about a milllion things to do to get caught up. We had a great time and I wish I could go back to that life of not having to cook or clean and have fancy food. I would love to live on the boat if I could have my kids with me. I didn't think I would miss them as much as I did. I am going to slowing blog about our vacation because there are so many pictures. This is the first day. We got on the boat as soon as we could and then had a big lunch, follow by a little nap and much needed shower. We took the Red Eye flight from Salt Lake Saturday night and got no sleep plus we smelled horrible. I will never to that again. We had fun hanging out on the ship that night playing ping pong and watching Harry Potter 6 on the big screen.

Here is Kathleen, Nel, and my mom watching Harry Potter. The boys were playing ping pong and we joined them later. It was so nice on the boat when the sun went down because everyone cleared off the deck and it was cool and relaxing.
Our first towel animal. This one is a seal. It was our nightly ritual to get a picture with our towel animal. Steven was incharge of taking our picture and he never waited till we were ready so in all of our pictures we are all looking different directions plus we were so busy laughing that the pictures didn't turn out great.
Playing ping pong. My dad brought his own paddles and balls which was great because the rental place closed at 5. It was fun to play at night. The boat was moving so fast and the wind was blowing so anytime the ball went out on the deck it would blow away. You would have to run and try to catch it. Plus the edge of the ship is right there so you could look over the edge when you weren't playing.

Getting on the boat. We were extremely tired and in desperate need of a shower. I couldn't wait till I could get in my room.
Danielle flew in the night before so she was well rested and smelling fresh.

2 comments:

Abe and April said...

Sounds like a lit of fun. Maybe some day I can convince Abe to take me on a cruise.

Brett - Rachel B said...

I'm jealous! :)