Monday, May 16, 2011

Tubes

So I found out today that Kyler has to get tubes. He has had a persistant ear infection for a couple of months and tubes is the way to go. I am a little nervous but also relieved. I am tired of having him on antibiotics. I am hoping tubes will end the antibiotics. I was referred to Dr. Beck. I was just wondering if anyone has been through her to get tubes before. And any advice from experienced mom's would be great. Thanks.

5 comments:

AJ said...

One of my nephews had tubes and he was a totally different kid after they were put in. He was so miserable before. I hope all goes well for you and Kyler

Anonymous said...

I've been to Dr. Beck a few times for my kids - she's a great doctor. Call me any time. Piper is a nurse for another doctor in her same office - she will have a lot to tell you, too. I WISH WISH WISH that we did tubes for Xander! He has a conductive hearing loss from all the ear infections over the years. Getting tubes is a good thing - and I understand very easy. Kyler will do great!

Melissa said...

Lily had tubes put in back on October. YEA for Tubes!! she really is a much happier child now. We could tell right away that she was hearing better. she has been talking SO much more, and is more interested in playing.
I have no experience with Dr. Beck but the procedure was super simple and easy on both of us.

I think that it is a good thing to be doing it early. We are dealing with possible hearing loss as well because there was not only fluid, but mucus behind her ears for so long. Maybe. It may still reverse itself.

One thing that I didn't know was that it didn't stop the infections entirely, Lily has still had a few, but they drain out through the tubes (gross!) and we catch them quickly and can treat with ear drops instead of full on antibiotics, though we have had to do that a few times too.

Beth said...

Dallin had tubes put in when he was pretty litte (18 months I think?) Best thing we ever did! He had infections month after month after month... The procedure is simple and didn't take too long. We didn't use Dr. Beck, but our dr. was in the same office too! Dr. Beck is really in demand and had a huge waiting list, so we chose another dr. We just went in for regular visits until he grew out of the tubes and had them removed which wasn't a big deal. Let me know when you get scheduled and I'll help you with the other kids!!

Unknown said...

Oh, wow - yes, I'm so glad you can get tubes and avoid the constant antibiotics for him! Here's to having a happier, more comfortable kiddo VERY soon!!! :)