Me and Brandon had the opportunity to escape and have a vacation back in November. I was really excited and nervous about this trip because it would be the first time I had left Kyler overnight. We drove down to Utah to meet our friends and drop the kids off at my sisters. Kyler decided to throw up twice on the way down and I thought it was just because he had eaten some ice cream and it didn't settle with him well. We pulled into my sister's at about 9:00 pm and we got the kids in bed and then our friends picked us up and we drove to Mesquite that night. We got a hotel in Mesquite at which time it was 2:00 am. We tried to get some sleep and headed out in the morning to Las Vegas.
We spent the day in Vegas which to be honest isn't that cool unless you drink or gamble. I had been there when I was younger and there seemed to be more free things you could do back then. That night we left Vegas and drove to San Diego to stay with some awesome people. They were so hospitable. We enjoyed San Diego the next day going to the temple, the Mormon Battlion center, and then a pier which had a huge boat race thing going on. Later that night was the game. It was a lot of fun but the game was kind of boring to watch. Not one of the more exciting Boise State games.
So back at my sister's, it turns out Kyler doesn't just have a tummy ache from the ice cream, he has the stomach flu. He pukes the whole time we are gone and Brayden and Brooklyn puked the night before we got back. I felt horrible the whole time that my sister had to deal with sick kids and I couldn't be there to comfort them. She is amazing for doing that for us and now we owe her big time. She is already planning her vacation to get even.
At the Game

Some really awesome people came and found us at the game. They even got to sit by us after halftime.

At the Mormon Battlion Visitor's Center.


Eating at Anthony's. The food was good but definitely spendy.

I don't think you can take a bad picture of this temple.

On the temple grounds. We were kicking ourselves for not bring our clothes to do a session.

At the M&M factory in Vegas watching a cheesy 3-D movie.

Cody trying to be "Mr. Photographer"

More Vegas.
2 comments:
hey, that's my family!!!!! i miss cody & sarah too!!!!
Looks like so much fun!!! We need to do a road trip sometime!!
Post a Comment