Boo was born with a ventral hernia or in layman's terms a bump above her belly button. It seemed to be getting bigger lately and since it had to be fixed eventually we decided to get it done this year. I was really worried because she is my over dramatic whiny daughter who won't do anything unless it's her idea. I was a little concerned that she would throw a huge fit in surgery and not do anything they told her. I was wrong though she did great. She did everything they told her. She was excited to get her stuffed bear like Kyler. She thought it was great to get to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the toy room was the best part. She only cried when I took her out of the toy room because it was time for surgery. She didn't cry when she woke up either. She just popped up and asked for her blanket and a pink popsicle. I had told her all week that if she was good she would get a popsicle. Since it was close to Halloween the techs made her bandage into a pumpkin with a face. She loved her pumpkin but didn't want to show it to anyone.
This is in the surgery waiting room. I asked her to show me her bracelet. But she covered it instead.

This is her purple gown and her new purple bear. She didn't want to wear the gown at first but when I told her it was a dress she was all for it.

Playing in her crib watching Mickey Mouse.

This is her mask. They gave it to us early so she could practice holding on her nose. The nurses decorated it with princess stickers and put cherry chapstick on the inside so it smelled good. She held in up there the whole time in surgery like she was told.

Going home with her red lips from her red popsicle.

They took the pumpkin bandage off yesterday and it looks great. It sticks out right now because there are still stitches under the skin. The doctor said in about 6 months it will look normal.
1 comment:
i am glad she is better. she is so big and beautiful! miss you!
Post a Comment